In operation since 1965!
R From humble beginnings in Santa Rosa in 1965, Redwood Building Maintenance, Inc. has grown to become a major competitor in the building service industry in the Bay Area, California. RBM has followed three basic principals since the beginning: Earn customer trust, appreciate customer loyalty and practice honesty in all business relations. These key principles have proven successful for RBM as exemplified by long standing customer relations, some spanning over 30 years.
B RBM provides basic janitorial and medical housekeeping services to a wide variety of customers. RBM is a full janitorial services company including floor care, carpet care, window cleaning, handyman services, and upholstery cleaning. In addition to basic janitorial services, RBM offers lighting maintenance, and modular office system moves for some clients. In addition to maintaining existing accounts, RBM also is licensed by the State of California to perform new construction clean up on large and small commercial and residential facilities.
M Our diverse client list includes many familiar names in manufacturing, financial services, medical, winery and commercial office industries in the Bay Area. Regardless of the size or number of locations, our goal at RBM is to allow our customer to concentrate on their core business and to leave the building maintenance issues to us.
Why choose us?You won't find any other janitorial company more dedicated!
We're large enough to serve you, small enough to know you.
That's been our motto for some time. As a regional company with multiple locations in the North Bay and South/East Bay, we have a genuine knowledge of the market and our customers. We listen to them. We've been listening to them and responding with the services they need since 1965. In fact, though we are certainly not the largest janitorial company in the world, we are among the league leaders in experience. Some examples:
- Our management team has been intact for over thirty years! Each of our team members has become an expert in customer service, quality control and leadership. Our executive team has more experience than that of many of the largest janitorial firms.
- Innovation - By constantly testing and implementing use of new products and equipment, we are able to serve our customers in the most cost effective way possible. Example: We worked with Clorox to field test a new line of products called Green Works. RBM then became the first commercial janitorial firm to implement their ongoing use.
- Green Cleaning - At RBM, we encourage the use of green cleaning products, recycled and renewable paper products and other environmentally sustainable practices. We can help our customers to achieve their goals to lessen their environmental footprint.
- Training - Our personnel receive ongoing training in all aspects of the cleaning industry.
- We have extremely low turnover. Because Redwood Building Maintenance, Inc. is known by people in the field as a good place to work, we rarely have to advertize for a position. We frequently have workers from other companies come in to apply based on positive words heard from our employees.
- Quality partners - We sometimes will sub contract work such as high rise window washing and other services. We only work with companies who have a proven record of quality workmanship and respect from our industry.
- Flexibility - We are able to respond quickly and effectively to many different customer needs.
Commitment to Quality & Safety
RBM is commited to providing a safe and clean environment for our customers. In addition, we want to ensure the safety of our employees while performing their duties.
All RBM's personnel are given initial safety training upon being hired and are required to sign documents of safety rules compliance. After their initial training period, employees are evaluated on their work safety as well as their work at regular intervals.
Included among the training subjects are equipment, chemical, electrical machine safety and container disposal. General safety subjects are also covered, such as use of wet floor signs, safety equipment and lifting techniques.
The safety program consists of education the RBM employees, safety inspections, safety committee meetings, and general safety meetings.
When a new employee starts work, he/she is given an introduction package that states the general safety rules. When the new employees are being trained at their position, any special hazards or safety precautions pertaining to their work are explained at this time. To insure that safety rules and precautions are being followed we have periodic safety inspections conducted by the route supervisors.
The safety committee meets monthly and reviews the sheets from the safety inspections, any accident reports from the proceeding month, and the minutes of the last safety meeting. After reviewing all the above, recommendations are put forth and debated until consensus is reached which will improve any safety problems discovered during the month.
All RBM employees are encouraged to share any safety problems they have encountered during the month and/or any recommendations they may have.
What clients are saying about us
Boys & Girl Clubs of Sonoma Valley appreciates the excellent customer service, attention to detail and in-depth cleaning services provided by RBM. Our number one priority is our children's health and safety and we are grateful that RBM uses environmentally friendly products, as well as takes great care in ensuring the cleanliness of our facilities.C. Dacy | CEO & President of Boys and Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley
"We are very pleased with the Business relationship we have shared with RBM for over 35 years.
They are easy to work with, responsive and dependable."Sue Maddigan | Exchange Bank AVP, Facilities & Purchasing Manager